Tuesday, June 8, 2010

TWD: Color me Embarrassed!


I almost didn't post this, but since I'm pretty sure I don't know any of you in real life, and you're all so kind, I decided to admit my mistake.

You see, once the month's recipes are announced I go through the book and mark each one and decide which, if any, I will do. This process works great 99% of the time. This month I marked the wrong recipe, so while all of you were making "Tender Shortcakes" (page 423) I was making "Devilish Shortcakes" (on page 425).

Perhaps it is time to get new glasses......?


You'd think I'd have noticed. I even left a comment on the P & Q and darn if it doesn't say "Tender Shortcakes." And I spent the week looking at the picture for the Tender Shortcakes thinking they looked tasty.

How did I discover my mistake? Looking at other blogs while my shortcakes were baking. "My, those don't look very dark," I thought at the first blog to pop up on my Reader. The next one looked a little pale as well. Then, as they say, the penny dropped. In disbelief I ran to the book for confirmation of what I already knew. Ugh!

This is so not the blog I was planning on writing! My deepest apologies to Cathy of The Tortefeasor (a blog I absolutely LOVE) for messing this up.

That all said, here are some pictures from my adventure. At least I'll be prepared when someone chooses this recipe!


This recipe does the 1/3 cup drop. I made the whole recipe (I couldn't figure out how to halve an egg). Some are in the freezer waiting for more strawberries. Some are wrapped up in the fridge. Some are in my tummy.


I can't even tell you how much I love strawberries. LOVE them!


Yes, they do look a little like turds. They smell a LOT better though.


I cheated and used canned whipped cream. At that point what did I have to lose!

These are delish. I highly recommend them, especially if you have left over strawberries (not a problem I ever have, but just in case you do).

5 comments:

slush said...

Regular shortcakes, chocolate shortcakes, they are both very tasty desserts. The bottom line is that you participated with the group. They look amazing! When the devilish shortcakes are picked, you can make the regular. :)

Cathy said...

See, when I make mistakes like this, it's never just flat out making the wrong recipe. It's using half of the ingredients/instructions from the "right" recipe, and then half from the "wrong" recipe (on the adjacent page) which usually spells disaster. These devilish shortcakes look incredible - I can only hope that I make a mistake like this next time!! Thank you for baking along with me this week!! :-)

TeaLady said...

Glad to see these were good. Looking forward to making them. They look fantastic.

Leslie said...

How can chocolate be a mistake? It can't I tell you! You just had the forethought to make yours with chocolate, and I for one am jealous I didn't make the same mistake (even though the tender shortcakes were excellent.)

Craving Ellie in My Belly said...

Hi Jenn,

Lately Sara has been to busy to update CEiMB. I (Marthe of Culinary Delights) offered to take it over from her to keep this site running. She was very happy to provide me with the information so that we can keep enjoying this great group.

It seems that a lot of members have been inactive for a while, therefor I ask you all to let me know whether or not you still want to be a part of CEiMB, please also mention your blogadress in your reply.

Please note that reorganization is currently in progress so be patient as I make necessary updates.

Take care,
Marthe