Thursday, August 13, 2009

CEiMB: Stuffed Turkey Burgers



This week has been a whirlwind. Last thing I remember it was Sunday night and I was bemoaning going to work in the morning, and now it is Thursday night. How did that happen!?!? Not that I'm complaining that another weekend is suddenly upon me, but whew! What a week!

I've been very busy at work - a ton of stuff going on in my department, bunch of changes coming up, plus the company is moving to a new building. We are almost literally moving across the freeway. Across the street or across town, moving a company of 400 people is no easy task! The place is beginning to look like a college dorm at the end of spring semester. As much as I hate moving myself, I wouldn't wish moving a company on anyone.

So with all of that going on I was so happy that Peggy at Pantry Revisited picked a nice, easy recipe for the week. I'm slowly catching up on old Ellie recipes that the CEiMB group made before I officially joined, so I got enough turkey to make both 1 burger and the Turkey Meatballs.


Instead of going the jarred red pepper route, I decided to roast my own. There is something satisfying watching food burn on your stove after a hectic day. I was a little concerned when the stem caught on fire, but the house is still standing so all is well.

Once that process was over, putting this together was a snap. Had a little "stickage" problem with the grill pan (so much for my new non-stick spray!), but once pried out of the pan this was very good.


I served it with a smidge of the usual condiments (I was very good and really used a very small amount), plus a tomato slice, and the obligatory avocados on a sesame seed bun. Surprisingly good (though not a beauty to photograph)! I would certainly make these again. Easy to do just one, and a great way to use up left over ground turkey.

4 comments:

Pamela said...

I think your pepper roasting on the stove looks great. I'm glad you found it satisfying to "burn it". :o) This was yet another tasty recipe from Ellie.

Sara said...

I wish I had a gas stove, I would roast peppers like that all the time. Good call on the avocado as a topping, yum!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your pepper roasting. I didn't have the motivation to take it that far...it was raw red peppers for us.
I'm with Sara - wish I had a gas stove.
The burger looks great!

Leslie said...

This looks like the perfect sandwich for a busy day dinner! I love that you added avocado (that makes it California in my book.) :-)