Thursday, September 24, 2009

CEiMB: Sweet and Spicy Grilled Cheese Sandwiches


This week's recipe was chosen by Leslie over at Lethally Delicious who is one of the bloggers that got me interested in CEiMB to start off with, and is an all around great gal who is a hoot! And now she can add "great picker of recipes" to the list of her positive traits, as I thought this sandwich was super good.

Sadly, my pictures are not super good, so I'm only submitting the best one (sad that picture up there is the best one). This was a "night time shoot" and the photographer (um...that would be me) was very hungry, and didn't have the patience to set up a decent shot. So imagine these as beautiful albeit slightly blackened sandwiches.

I really liked how all the flavors worked together -- the spiciness of the cheese was cooled by the tomatoes, which were made more savory by the caramelized onions. I made two sandwiches and heated up the second for dinner tonight. It was as yummy as the first one.

Head on over to Leslie's blog for the recipe, and then head on over to CEiMB to join the fun.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I think this looks fantastic! I am so glad you liked the combination of flavors. My photos suffered, too, because hot, melty cheese makes it hard for me to focus on taking pictures. Thanks for cooking along with me this week!

Sara said...

Looks great, these were sooopo good. Sometimes I get really annoyed when I am hungry and have to take a picture. I just want to eat my food, not daintily plate it and fuss with the camera!

Pamela said...

It's 10:26 pm as I'm catching up on my blog reading...and now, I want one of these sandwiches! Nice job!