Tuesday, November 17, 2009

TWD: Sugar Topped Molasses Spiced Cookies


Today was a very long day. It started by baking these cookies, picked by my pal Pamela over at Cookies with Boys. I don't usually bake in the AM, but I wanted to get some decent pictures. Then I went to work where I dealt with a crises before I even made it to my desk. It was the first of many. Finally got a lunch today (no lunch the last 2 days - I don't even want to admit what I consumed yesterday - no bueno!) but not until 4pm (ditto regarding what I ate today). Left work on time to go to class, after class stopped at Whole Foods so I would have something to eat tomorrow (break or no break, a girl's got to eat). And then, after bringing myself and food into the house, I look over and see these. Lovely, edible cookies. So good, and just what I needed after a big day.

I'm training some folks at work, and they were having a hard time with the material, so I'm going to bring these cookies and some milk to work tomorrow. Just a little something to feed their soul.

This is quick since I'm tired, but I did enjoy these a lot. I have the other half of the dough in the fridge waiting to be baked. I loved how easy these were (much appreciated this week!), and it was kind of fun (therapeutic) to roll them up, roll them in sugar, and then mush them.







Yes, they did spread a bit, but were the perfect combination of chewy and soft, sweet and spicy. These will be made again before the holidays are over.

To see the recipe head over to Pamela's blog.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I admire those that participate in TWD AND have a full time job! I bet your coworkers will love you for these. They were a huge hit in my house!

Pamela said...

They look perfect. And how nice of you to share them with the people you are training. I wish I had you as a trainer! :o) Thanks for baking with me.

Bella Baker said...

Your cookies looks great!! Sounds like they were just wanted needed after a crazy day! I really enjoyed these too! I hope you get time for lunch today!!

Hindy said...

Bravo for making time for cookies in your busy life!

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

Your cookies look as good as they taste. This is a favorite for ous.