Thursday, June 18, 2009

CEiMB: Nope, not this week...

With most sincere apologies to Anonymous New York I did not make the Jambalaya this week. I intended to, really I did. I also intended to be recovered from the big party by now. Everything up to Saturday I estimated spot on. I just didn't even think about the "aftermath."

I'd post pictures from the party, either the 100 people having a great time or the great food I made with lots of help that was delish. Sadly, I took no pictures, so I have none to share. I'll try to solve that problem in the near future with another post. But for today, I'm still getting my life, and my kitchen, back to normal.

I'll be back with you all soon -- promise!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I know how it is! You put so much into every detail, and after it's done, the brain and body need some time to recover. Looking forward to your return after you decompress!

nick said...

Last summer my boss decided it would be a good idea to have a party for ~80 guests at his house that Sara and I would cater. I thought it would be fun (and it was) but afterward I didn't cook for 2 weeks. We made BBQ, 15 racks of ribs, 2 salads, homemade bread, gougeres, and a host of other items. Actually thinking about it is making me kind of hungry and kind of sick to my stomach!

If you get the opportunity to make this in future (after some seemingly well deserv'd rest), I don't think you will be disappointed.

Pamela said...

The party sounds like a smashing success! Good for you and take as much time as you need.